Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a key? The cd key is the serial number or product code which is a combination of letters and numbers that activates a product, normally found on a sticker inside the game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The purchased CD Key is used to register and activate the relevant game. Depending on the product, we provide this in the form of a scan of the code or the actual code in text format.
- How quickly will I receive the key? Our unique and self-developed CD key delivery system, allows for instant and automatic allocation of CD keys. Once the customer makes payment and passes the fraud checks the CD key will be made available on their edgeboundgames.com account and will be emailed to the relevant email address, this enables our customers to experience fast and efficient self-service - whenever they want.
- I did not receive my CD key instantly? All keys are emailed out instantly so please check spam folders and make sure edgeboundgames.com is on your safe senders list. You can also see your key under your account.
- My key is not working? No need worry. There can be several reasons why your key might not be working. First read the instructions again. Make sure you have activated the key as described. If it is still not working then contact us with a short description or the error your are experiencing.
Redeeming Keys (Currently all our keys are for Steam)
- Launch Steam and login to your Steam account.
- Click the Games Menu.
- Choose Activate a Product on Steam.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
- What payment methods do you support? We currently support PayPal and Stripe payment methods which are both fast and secure. You can check out with your accounts or as a guest directly with your credit/debit card. You do not have to have a Paypal account.
- Which currencies do you accept? Currently we only accept GBP.
- Are my personal details and credit card details safe? Yes, we do not store any credit card information ourselves (all credit card information is delt with by our payment providers Stripe and Paypal) and all other details that we store on our system are protected by 128 bit SSL encryption.
- Can I pay directly with my credit card? Yes, both Stripe and Paypal have options to pay as a guest and pay directly with your credit/debit card without setting up an account
- We do however require you create an account with ourselves, so we can manage be sure we allocate keys to you correctly.
- Do you sell physical boxed games? Sorry, to allow us to provide the best prices and service, our business model means we currently only sell digital versions of games.
- Which countries do you sell to? Since we are a digital only website we are able to sell instantly to any country in the world.
- How do I contact EdgeboundGames.com? Please use our contact form. We aim to reply to all queries within approximately 1 hour during UK business hours.